Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Jamaica....and Other Things

Hey chickadees!
How is everyone?!
It's been awhile, hasn't it?
(Why do I feel like every blog post starts like that..)

Anyway...
You may notice some changes around here, like the name change.
I just decided it wasn't really working for me so I thought I would switch it up.

In other news, 
I just got back from the most amazing vacation EVER!
I went to Jamaica with my adoptive family for five days and it was amazing.
It was my first time being out of the country,
and being on a plane,
and going without my phone for five days,
and my first non-family vacation.
And while I did go with a group of people from work, 
it was still a nice break.
And I can't wait to go back again.
We stayed in Ochos Rios and it was absolutely beautiful. 
So now I shall proceed with the photo dump...
ENJOY!

We met at my boss's house at 5:30 in the morning
to get on the shuttle bus. 
(I haven't been to sleep yet)

This was the view out the window in my room.
I was lucky enough to have a first floor room with an ocean view.

The swim-up bar was less than 50 yards off my patio.

The resort itself was built into the hillside so there were a ton of steps,
this is the view of the beach from the top of them.


Dinner the second night.


We did a lot of hanging out on the beach.
And I actually conquered my fear of large bodies of water 
and I waded out into the ocean.

Right before breakfast on our last morning there.

This is actually the only group photo we got.
The girl sitting next to me in the yellow was my roommate for the trip.
We were the only non-couple in the group which was weird since we were at a couples resort.
By the end of the vacation the staff had just taking to calling us the twins.

Overall, it was an amazing trip and I can't wait to go back again!

1 comment: