Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Thirty Things Tuesday

Welcome back for part 2 of the 30 things.
Don't fall out of your seats because this is the second blog post in 2 days.
I'm just as shocked as the next person.

Describe 3 Legitimate Fears You Have and Explain How They Became Fears


1.    I have quite possibly the most illegitimate fear of water ever. I'm deathly afraid of large bodies of water. I'm talking like anything bigger than a bathtub. Pools. Lakes. Rivers. Ponds. Oceans. I have panic attacks. Which causes me to think I'm drowning. This probably stems from the fact that I'm not a very good swimmer and if it came down to it, I probably wouldn't be able to save my own life if I had to. I'm convinced it's because I was so traumatized by the movie Titanic. I was 7 when this movie came out and it scared the living bejesus out of me. I had nightmares for months that I was on the ship when it struck the iceberg but I didn't realize we were sinking because I had fallen asleep in the bathtub. (It's one of my most vivid childhood memories sadly.)

2.    I'm afraid that I'm never going to be happy with a career. Anyone that knows me, knows I changed my major 5 times. As a senior in high school, I wanted to be a sports medicine major. First semester of my freshman year of college, I was a middle school education major. Second semester of my freshman year, I was a criminal justice major. First semester of my sophomore year, I was a social work major. I took a semester off and went to a technical college and got my Paralegal degree in 16 months. I will be the first one to tell you that I'm not happy doing what I'm doing. I was actually accepted to William Woods in July for secondary education. I was signed up for classes and everything but it just didn't feel like the right time. Maybe someday (hopefully in the near future) I will finally figure out what I want to be.

3.    I'm afraid of horses. I love to go horseback riding but I'm scared to death of horses. I think this was caused by the fact that when I was younger (like 7 or 8) I got bucked off of a horse and landed on a 5 gallon bucket. I was apparently lucky to have landed on the bucket and not the steel post that was right next to the bucket. A few summers after that I decided to get back in the saddle (pun intended) and begged my mom to let me go to a 2 week horse camp. I'm slowly overcoming this fear. And I hope that one day, riding a horse will be second nature, like riding your bike or driving your car. For this I leave you with a quote from one of my favorite movies: "You love horses. I don't trust them. Their eyes. Their sneaky feet. Their shoes are permanent. Who makes that kind of commitment to a shoe?"- Russell Brand, Arthur (2011)


Check back next week for part 3!

Happy Tuesday everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment